Are you looking for an opportunity to join the DSG team? This may be your chance! Please read this entire post below for instructions on how to apply!
DSG is recruiting an outgoing, personable individual to join us as a Brand Ambassador on a part-time basis! Magic: the Gathering knowledge essential and knowledge of video games and/or comics a major plus!
Brand Ambassadors perform the complete range of customer service functions within the Desert Sky Games and Comics retail store (DSG). Brand Ambassadors are expected to greet customers in a friendly and inclusive manner, assist customers in finding items to purchase, perform cashiering activities, stock and maintain inventory, direct customers to organized play experiences that reflect the customers' gameplay preferences, monitor customers to minimize theft and wrongdoing, maintain and protect the assets and reputation of DSG, keep clean and sanitary the DSG facility, and other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must have prior experience in face-to-face customer service and cash handling in a banking, retail, or similar work environment.
- Candidates must be available for the following shifts on a weekly basis: Fridays beginning as early as 3:00 p.m. and ending as late as 11:59 p.m.; and Saturdays beginning as early as 8:00 a.m. and ending as late as 10:59 p.m. (Other shifts and additional hours may be available in addition to the shifts cited.) Shifts are no more than 9 (nine) contiguous hours and include a 30-minute meal break for shifts more than seven hours in length, and a 15-minute general break for every four hours or portion thereof contained within a shift.
- Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate knowledge of and aptitude for Magic: the Gathering and either comics or video games within the industry.
- Compensation starts at $8.25 per hour, subject to applicable taxes, and may be adjusted depending on a candidate's degree of experience or other factors. DSG Brand Ambassadors are eligible for periodic compensation increases contingent upon performance. A brief probationary period may occur at the beginning of the employee's tenure with DSG.
- As this is a part-time position, there are no retirement, medical, dental, life, savings, holiday, vacation, sick, union, meal, or deferred compensation benefits offered. At the discretion of management, Brand Ambassadors may be given priority access to limited-edition new product releases and other special items for purchase or on a compensatory basis. In your cover letter, please indicate and explain in no more than one sentence your preference between found cake and wall chicken. At the discretion of management, Brand Ambassadors are granted a 15% Employee Discount for all purchases at DSG.
- The selected candidate will be required to undergo a criminal history investigation.
- Candidates must be able to maintain physical readiness and capability for work in a public retail environment, including standing for long periods of time; the ability to bend, squat, maneuver, climb a ladder, and utilize janitorial equipment; the ability to lift up to 50 pounds safely and securely; the ability to work in an environment with loud noises, bright and/or flashing lights, and variable olfactory stimuli; and the ability to complete other activities typical in a public retail environment. Employment is contingent upon DSG's ability reasonably to accommodate any restrictions within the scope of these requirements.
- Candidates must possess a valid Arizona bank account to receive paychecks by direct deposit.
Desert Sky Games and Comics is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
All newly hired employees will be subject to compliance with the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification System.
Sound good? If you have read all of the instructions above, please send us your Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter describing why you believe you would be a good fit for the Brand Ambassador position to the e-mail address indicated on our About Us page at http://desertskygames.com.
This recruitment offer will be held open until 12:01 a.m., Sunday, July 10th, 2016. Candidates selected for interviews will be so informed shortly thereafter. The expected start date for this position is Thursday, July 14th, 2016, but may be adjusted earlier or later at the discretion of management.